Medical Technology SA (MTSA) - see our PUBLICATIONS page - is the official journal published by the Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists of South Africa (SMLTSA).
As a subscribing member of the SMLTSA, you will receive two (2) journal issues per year (June & December).
All journal articles can also be found online at www.mtsaj.co.za where the SMLTSAs 'open access policy' provides immediate open access to the journals' content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All the answers to the CPD questions will be found within articles of the relevant journal issue.
The CPD multiple choice questions can also be found online at CPD Solutions.
Note that there is a 'to reach us by' date that applies to ALL answering methods.
A minimum pass rate of 70% must be obtained to earn the 3 CEUs.
CPD questions can be answered in the following ways:
After reading all the relevant journal articles, you can go to CPD Solutions and follow the simple online registration procedure.
Should you wish to answer the CPD questions via SMS, you can download the SMS User Guide and follow its instruction.
Please note that there is a unique test code that is published with the MTSA journal.
You will find it printed on the CPD question page towards the back of the published journal.
This unique test code will be required when answering the CPD questions via SMS.
|Medical Technology SA | December 2013||Volume 27 No. 2||unique test code a91518|
|Medical Technology SA | June 2014||Volume 28 No. 1||unique test code a54137|
The CPD questions and answer form are found towards the back of the journal.
No correspondence will be entered into. Faxes are NOT accepted.
- Read the MTSA journal articles. All the answers will be found in the relevant issue.
- Answer all the questions. A minimum of 70% must be obtained to earn the 3 CEU's.
- Indicate all your answers to the questions with an X. Please use a black pen.
- Make a photocopy for your records in case your form is lost in the mail. Do not send photocopies for marking.
- Only the original will be marked.
- Cut out and place the original answer form in an envelope, affix a postage stamp and send it by mail (NOT by fax) to:
The CPD Secretary
Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists of SA
PO Box 505
Howard Place 7450