An opportunity has become available at the office of the Societies for Medical Laboratory Technologists and Radiography South Africa (SMLTSA & SORSA) for a proficient Administrator. This position has dual responsibilities primarily to SORSA but also to the SMLTSA offices. The successful applicant will be based in Cape Town with appointment as from 1st March 2017 (or earlier if available).
- Maintain effective electronic written and verbal communication between all spheres within the SORSA organisation handling all correspondence, fielding enquiries and keep organised records of all correspondence.
- Maintain a current database of contact details of all SORSA ExCo and Council members for effective communication on all relevant matters.
- Maintenance of all incoming and outgoing SORSA postal records.
- Administration of on-line SORSA membership in liaison with branch secretaries and members of SORSA committees.
- Management of distribution of bi-annual scientific journal to all paid-up SORSA members
- Maintain accurate records of SORSA financial statements, proof of payments and reconciliation of accounts.
- Manage SORSA continuing professional development (CPD) and related activities and processes e.g. journal, direct reading programme.
- Prepare written bi-annual reports on the SORSA office administration for submission to the SORSA Council.
- Manage all matters relating to the preparation for the SORSA Council meetings – venue bookings /travel /accommodation/refreshments/required documentation.
- In addition, the incumbent will administer the SMLTSA membership and assist with the SMLTSA CPD and other activities as requested by the SMLTSA Office Administration.
- Liaise between the societies and related professional bodies, committees, panels and organisations.
- General administration duties.
- Possession of a senior certificate, or higher, qualification.
- Advanced skills in Outlook electronic mail, working on-line using OneDrive and Microsoft Office – Word and Excel.
- 3 years administration/secretarial experience
- Proven competence in written English correspondence
- Proven knowledge of formal business letter and email format and language is needed in order to perform tasks.
- Qualification as a Medical Technologist, Medical Technician or Radiographer registered or previously registered with the HPCSA would be an advantage.
This role represents an opportunity within a professional environment. If you meet the selection criteria, please submit your application to Ms J. Hind | Unit A28, Pinelands Business Park, New Mill Road, Pinelands, 7405 | email@example.com
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills with competency and speed in typing.
- Ability to render excellent customer service to clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to follow procedures accurately and precisely; working autonomously and as part of a team.
- Proven organisational skills effectively managing own time and prioritising assigned tasks.
- Problem-solving skills with ability to initiative corrective measures.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles to manage banking requirements.
- Understanding of SMLTSA and SORSA activities, policies and procedures would be an advantage.